Friday, September 10, 2010

Tony Robbins: Why we do what we do, and how we can do it better

Tony Robbins is a motivational speaker but he's also far more than that. He's a very real person. He doesn't hide behind some fluff and try to make you feel good by doing things that don't work or only work if you're already feeling good. He looks deep into the heart of the problem and finds the EMOTIONAL reasons for why we do what we do and how to change those core ideas and motivations so that we can feel better, do better, be better.

One YouTube commentator put it another way:

By applying Tony's concepts:
-My failing relationship was held intact and is now flourishing
-I have increased my income from 5 to 6 figures
-I have drastically transformed myself physically
-I have become even more spiritually conscious
Tony has been the catalyst and the resource for these successes in my life, and I know that I am among many who have had similar experiences as a result of applying Tony's material.

But he didn't just start out helping people! He was poor. Dirt poor. And one Christmas, a stranger brought food for him and his family. That changed his life. He had food that Christmas, for a change, and since then he decided to do the same for other people. He started by feeding one family one year. Then 2, then 4 until, eventually, through his businesses, he was feeling thousands of families all around the globe!

Oftentimes entrepreneur stories are inspired by problems that need fixing, bad backgrounds, unhappy childhoods, being poor & seeing suffering in the world. It's in our human nature to fix something if it looks broken. So if you're struggling to find the motivation to be who you want to be, remind yourself what your reason is. Why did you get in this in the first place. My reason is so that I can be there for my kids, all the time. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment